Wordpress Maintenance Service
The Risk without Regular Maintenance
- Potential website issues and bugs
- If something goes wrong, the site may not be recoverable
- Higher risk of unauthorised access, hacking or malware
- Website may be down for long periods without notification
Advantages of Regular Maintenance
- Website running smoothly
- Backups & quick restore in case something goes wrong
- Secure website
- Immediate investigation if the website has downtime
Over 30,000 websites get hacked every day
More than 70% of all WordPress sites have security vulnerabilities
Regularly updating WordPress Core, plugins and theme to the latest versions.
Daily incremental offsite backups of all files and database, with the ability to quickly restore.
Ongoing security monitoring activities to prevent unauthorised access to the WordPress backend.
24/7 monitoring to ensure the website is active, with immediate investigation if there is downtime.
Update theme, plugins and WordPress
What are Updates
- Just like you would regularly update the apps on your phone, WordPress, Plugins and the Theme require regular updating to the latest versions.
- Updating all software regularly, ensures the following for your website:
- Functions well
- Has all the latest features
- Website is more secure
- Often, the latest version fixes security issues. In these cases, updating it to the last version becomes more urgent and crucial.
- Activate updates on a separate copy of your site first, to ensure all goes smoothly.
- Once the test update is completed successfully, then updates are conducted on the live site.
- Thorough testing to ensure that the site works as it should.
- Sometimes this task involves fixing issues after the update.
- This task is conducted outside of business hours.
- This service involves keeping up to date with the latest security news and taking action when news breaks that is relevant to your site.
Why Backups are Important
- Without backups, if something goes wrong, there is no way to recover the website.
- Backups are generated every day
- Stored offsite, in the cloud.
- Incremental backups – highly efficient process.
- Website can be restored quickly, if necessary.
The Importance of Security
- WordPress is the most popular platform for websites. 35% of ALL websites on the internet use WordPress. This makes it a prime target for hackers.
- There are many types of attacks, eg. brute force attacks and SQL injections.
- Protection against a variety of attack types eg. brute force attacks & SQL injections.
- Regular malware scans.
- Notification alerts setup for hacking attacks. Investigation and action taken if necessary.
- Notification alerts setup for all WordPress security related activities such as logins and new or deleted users.
What is Uptime and Downtime
- Uptime is the percentage of time your site is active and downtime is the percentage of time your site is down.
- Uptime percentage depends on the host.
- No host guarantees 100% uptime.
- It is important to monitor uptime:
- 24 / 7 Monitoring.
- Alerts setup for downtime.
- Immediate investigation for extended downtime.
Monitor Website Changes
- On the rare occasion, elements of websites inadvertently change.
- This may be due to content updates, plugins conflicts, server changes, or caching issues.
- Weekly checks to ensure the website presents visually as it should.
- Investigation and fix any unexpected changes.